Kirk Bros. Co., Inc. provides its workers with a safe and healthy work environment. Our employees are valuable assets and their safety is our core value. No job or schedule is more important than the safety and health of our employees.
Safety is part of the everyday workplace culture. We recognize that the effectiveness of our safety and health program depends upon the training, cooperation and involvement of each employee. Every project manager, superintendent, foreman and field worker is trained and responsible to work safely and to assist others in working safely.
Our commitment to a safe and healthy workplace is demonstrated by:
- OSHA 30 hour certification for all superintendents and OSHA 10 hour certification for all other field personnel.
- Written safety program
- Participation and enforcement of a Drug-Free Workplace Program
- Mandatory safety meetings at company headquarters
- Weekly toolbox talks
- Regular jobsite safety inspections by superintendents, the company safety officer and independent safety consultants
- Review of Safety qualifications and training of subcontractors
- On-site safety meetings focused on particular projects
- Compliance with all federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations regarding safety
- Promoting best safety practices by example, training, inspections and enforcement of safety rules and regulations
- Participation in OSHA’s Challenge Voluntary Protection Program (VPP)
- Hazard Prevention and Control